Media & PR Consultancy:
I've been a communications consultant for numerous non-profit groups, such as:
I specialise in:
- developing a communications strategy
- assisting in crisis management PR
- media training
- supporting existing communications staff
- linking my efforts through to the organisation's overall strategic aims.
Business & Contract Journalism:
As an experienced business writer, editor and copywriter, I have edited supplements, internal & external newsletters, websites, written for blue chip companies, produced scores of trade magazine articles, advertorials, annual reviews and contributed to many contract publication titles.
Clients have included Corporate Financier, Control Risks Group, Microsoft UK, the Xfi Center, Orange, BT, Company & Shareholder, Leisure Media, The Evening Standard, Co-operative Bank, Barclays Private Banking, and Management Today, as well as trade magazines such as Caterer & Hotelkeeper, Supermarketing, Computer Weekly, Computing, Motor Transport, and Commercial Motor.
- All Change At Kings Cross – By the time visitors arrive for the London 2012 Olympics, London will have an entire new quarter right at its heart, says Nick Ryan.
- All's Well – local authorities are increasingly moving to a one stop shop approach to health & wellbeing. For Health Club Management magazine.
- The End of Company Men? – see the cover feature on the German economy, written for Company & Shareholder
- Chinese Whispers – read about growing excitment, and nervousness, on Chinese mergers & acquisitions, written for Corporate Financier
- The Cotswolds of the North – advertorials which appeared in The Evening Standard, prepared for Shopcreator e-commerce business (pt 2 here)
- Hell on Earth – is big business doing enough to tackle climate change?
- The Rise and Rise of Islamic Finance – to find out more about the world of Islamic finance, written for Enterprise Ireland
- Rockefeller's Retreat – read the full story of how Rosewood Hotels revitalised the luxury Little Dix Bay in the British Virgin Islands.
- St James's House – contributed to coffee table books on Diverse Britain & Rolls Royce
- Washed Away – a gripping account of the hotels and resorts coping with the Asian Tsunami. A special report for Spa Business magazine.
- Visit Yoosk.com – a new citizen media initiative, where I have helped bring Islamic groups, human rights figures and London's Mayoral candidates to the table
- CressyIT – a recent IT startup in east London which commissioned me to copywrite for their website, newspaper advertisement & leaflets.
Contact me if you wish further details or examples of this work.
You can buy all these articles, and seek new commissions, either by contacting me direct or my syndication agency www.featurewell.com
| Business magazines and commercial clients
•Health Club Management
•Breaking The Mould
•Company & Shareholder
•Caterer & Hotelkeeper
•Car & Accessory Trader
•Barclays Private Banking
•Microsoft Small Business Centre
•The Evening Standard Commercial
•The Telegraph Commercial
•Diverse Britain [book]
& others (St. James's House)
•Children on the Edge
•British Red Cross
•International Committee of the Red Cross
•Serious Road Trip
•Prince of Wales Business Leaders Forum
•Commission for Racial Equality
•Institute for War and Peace Reporting